Find Out How Selling Your House Can Be Simple and Stress Free
You want to move. Perhaps you’re looking for more space for a growing family; relocating, or downsizing.
Perhaps you’re wondering what to do when selling your house, because you don’t want hassle! And you want great value. And with the cost of selling a house today, getting that value is more important than ever!
PDR Property Lawyers understand exactly what to do when selling your house to remove the complication and stress, and we can do it at a very competitive price. Residential conveyancing can be a daunting topic, but finding the right lawyers can help make the whole process easier.
As qualified conveyancing lawyers, PDR Property Lawyers are able to handle all legal aspects of selling your house. And unlike a high street solicitor, our time isn’t taken up with all sorts of other matters.
Helping people like you to buy and sell houses is what we do!
So How Does it Work?
If you’re considering selling your home, help is available in the form of our Free What To Do When Selling Your House Guide.
Once you’ve sold your property call PDR Property Lawyers on 01733 203873.
We’ll offer you a free no-obligation conveyancing quotation for our services and answer all your questions. When you’re happy to proceed, PDR will:
- Send a Letter of Engagement – sign and return this so we can start working for you!
- Check whether you’re buying a home, too – “tying” the two transactions together can save you money and make your move even smoother
- Obtain your title deeds or copies via the HM Land Registry – once we’ve located your title deeds or obtained copies via the Land Registry we will be able to send draft contract papers to the buyer solicitors on your behalf.
- Help you with your Property Information and Fixtures & Fittings Forms – these forms will have been sent to you with our Letter of Engagement, and will be forwarded to the buyer’s solicitors with the draft contract papers.
- Handle additional enquiries – it’s likely the buyer’s solicitors will want to raise enquiries on the draft contract documentation we sent them. These are called additional enquiries. We will either telephone you to discuss these enquiries or we will send them out in the post to you together with the contract and transfer deed for your signature.
- Oversee the exchange of contracts – at this point, you are legally committed to complete the sale… as is the buyer.
- Take you through “Completion” – Simply a matter of ensuring the completion monies are received through the banking system, upon receipt we will call you to advise you may release the keys either to the Estate Agents or new buyers directly.
As a rule of thumb, this process will take approximately 4 to 6 weeks, depending on whether there is a chain of transactions going through or whether you are selling only. During that time we’ll keep in touch with you, letting you know what’s happening at each stage. And of course if you have any questions, you can contact us at any time… knowing we’ll give you a plain English, jargon-free answer!