It’s here! Discovering Whittlesea’s January 2020 Issue has officially hit stores everywhere and PDR Property Lawyers couldn’t be prouder to be featured in our community’s favourite magazine. Our conveyancing firm in Whittlesey, Peterborough earned a two-page spread on page 18 and used its platform to share advice on how to avoid conveyancing referral fees. Our founder and property expert, Michelle Rickard, shared how to avoid the pitfalls of conveyancing referral fees when looking to buy or sell so you can keep more money in your pocket. Read Michelle’s article online or in stores to see how you can enjoy a smooth transfer of ownership and contact PDR Property Lawyers today to learn more about our property law services.
Michelle’s Expert Conveyancing Advice
If there’s one question that Michelle always gets, it’s if people need to use a conveyancing lawyer that their estate agent recommends. The answer is no. If your estate agent is recommending a conveyancing lawyer, then odds are a referral fee is in the works. Referral fees can cost you £100s, especially when you’re picking up the tab for someone else winning your business.
If you want to avoid paying a referral fee, read the small print before signing any contracts and keep the following tips in mind. If you do, you’ll enjoy a straightforward transfer of ownership whether you’re buying or selling your house!
- Under the Solicitors Regulation Authority and The Council for Licensed Conveyancers, conveyancing firms must disclose how much they receive in referral fees. This means disclosing their fees, disbursement costs and any other expenses associated with your transaction.
- You’ll want to compare three or more conveyancing quotes to see who’ll give you the best price.
- Once you know which conveyancing firm offers the best value, read their reviews to ensure that they’re trustworthy and experienced in all areas of property law.
- Ensure that you never feel pressured into buying or selling your property. You choose the conveyancing company you want to work with, not the other way around.
- Lastly, always appoint a property lawyer to act in your best interest. Property law is complex, so partner with PDR Property Lawyers to get the answers you need to confidently buy or sell.
Discovery Whittlesea’s January 2020 Issue #186 is available for sale now, so catch PDR Property Lawyers and Michelle in this month’s edition! We take care of our clients, let us take care of you. Get an instant online conveyancing quote and transfer ownership with confidence!